From the Democrats of Hemet-San Jacinto
Give It A Try
The following is (allegedly) the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the ‘Peanuts’ comic strip. Just read the e-mail straight through, and you’ll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
7. Name the 2nd and 3rd man to step foot on the moon.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second rate achievers. They are the best in their fields.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special!
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials… the most money… or the most awards. They are simply the ones that care the most. In today’s world, the ones that care the most are those who put themselves at risk for the benefit of you and others, nurses, doctors, first responders, those who willingly wear masks to protect not themselves but you. What kind of person are you? What kind of difference are you making in the lives of others? At some time in the future will anyone name you as having made a positive impact in their life? John F Kennedy said “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.
President of Democrats of Hemet-San Jacinto